Monday, September 19, 2011

Saturday's

Maybe because I go crazy just sitting in the house.
Maybe because its fun to have memories with your children.
Maybe because we do chores in the morning.
Maybe because we have to initiate Elise early
Maybe because the weather is under 95 for the first time since....???

Whatever the reason Jed and I like to take the children out into the local spots and have a "free" afternoon. I truly believe my children are best behaved in their natural habitat, the wild, dirt required.

Playing house, cave-man style. Jara loves to play house and play "boss of the world." Such a fun game for Jack. She can even coerces her 7-yr-old boy cousin into playing house. He's a much better sport than Jack.


This is what Elise and I do. Sit in the sand and enjoy the show. Actually Elise slept through the show but enjoyed the shade and breeze. She is in the golden stage of "easily portable."



This being the show. My husband feels the need to perform acrobatics off of lone rocks in the desert. He is very tall but can someone tuck and flip very nicely. This is mid flip, don't worry he landed on his feet. A perfect 10. Auntie Mary Lou would be impressed. (We do got the coat to prove it, that's for another post, however.)



Like father, like son (minus the flip, thank goodness.)



Like father, like daughter.




Having a tasty snack. This boy was covered in so much orange sand he looked like an Oompa-Loompa. He enjoys rolling in it for the full effect.

2 comments:

Kaye said...

Wow - you even take time out to blog AND put photos up - I'm impressed! It's fun to see your kids growing up. Elise looks darling. Glad she takes after her favorite great aunt - haha. Love to all!

Lisa said...

Soooo fun! Elise is soooo cute! You're family is sooo great!