Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Names

I like names.  Around here we name everything.  As a child I named everything.  The millions of stuffed animals I housed all had names.  All my imaginary ponies had names, with fictitious pedigree lines, yeah it was that bad and yeah I was that weird.  The point being...Let me introduce you to our latest named objects.

-Elinor: my orchid, her lover is Edgar the rubber plant.  Think beauty and the geek.  I like alliteration so hence Elinor to go with Edgar.  Elinor is currently in full bloom and beeeyoutiful!

-Jezebel: Jed's truck.  The truck has blue tooth fancy shmancy talk-to-you-lady, she dominates our relationship, so her name is Jezebel.  Plus when you drive with Jed you feel like you are in hell, Jezebel's probably in hell it all comes full circle.

-Dora:  While we are on the topic of vehicular names.  My brother was kind enough to name my Explorer-Dora the explorer.  Glad that one stuck.  

-The "forbidden" room: sounds bad.  It is.  We don't have a garage/shed or anything for all of our miscellaneous junk that most families accumulate:camping stuff we don't use, rubber-maids of kiddie clothes size 5T and down for boys AND girls, boxes of childhood memories,  boxes of mission/college paraphernalia (not that kind), Christmas stuff, bikes, candles, wagons and tool boxes.  I shut the door and pray.  Thankfully I have amazing powers and can find just about anything in there but might die getting to it.  Jack had a friend over and as he was giving him the grand tour he respectfully paused behind the closed, ominous door and whispered, "this is the forbidden room, only mommy can go in there, it's scary."

-Friday Fang Dangle:  Has anyone else read the book about Friday the cat.  He calls himself "Friday Fang Dangle"  and I'm pretty sure if I ever have another cat, that will be his name. Or I will change my name to Friday Fang Dangle.  Yes, it is that awesome.  Go ahead, say it, has a  nice ring to it doesn't it?

Well that's the main names.  Go name your plants, vehicles and rooms now, it adds character or makes you one, either way...

1 comment:

my name is becky kelly said...

do you know the comedian Brian Regan? He's got a bit about named objects. He introduces us to his can opener "or should I say, Umberto!"
Hilarious.
I love your names.