Sunday, July 20, 2014

Beach Fun


It had been about a year since our last family TRIP, so the weekend after school got out we decided to brave it again.  I was thoroughly prepared.  Lots of toys/activities/and the laptop.  The car ride almost killed us last time.  I think this may have been the best trip to date.  Jed had a little work to do so as soon as we arrived I sent him away.  I figured it was best to be left alone with the children after a 5 hour ride, anything would be fun at that point.  The hotel swimming pool was a great diversion.  Jack was freezing and refused to get out of the hot tub where he was entertaining a couple of twenty-something's, but the girls and I played a little Marco Polo and perfected our backward somersaults.  
The perfect age range, old enough to behave in the car, 
young enough to think the baggage rack is an amusement ride.  

Elise gets a little crazy on vacation and eats ice cream straight off the plate while climbing over Jed to achieve her goals.

Going for a little ride.  Jed did some serious pedaling.  I loved watching the reaction of other people as they saw us coming.  Without fail, almost every single person would burst into a big smile and laugh and admire the hood ornaments.  We did our part to make the world a happy place, even if Jed's calves burned the next day.

We'll be building castles in the sun, 
playing and having fun

The best part about this trip was our beach day.  Jed took a little nap. Everyone played safely without attempting to drown (including Jed) and everyone was perfectly entertained by the elements.  I love to watch them dig, look for shells and jump over waves without attempting to get in past their ankles.  Jara dug a giant pit and adorned it with seaweed for a couple of hours.  Jack loved jumping over the waves and Elise shoveled water and sand back and forth between pails for a good long time.  Success!  Yay for Newport beach!

No comments: