By the dawn's early light
Smiling because at this point they are completely loopy.
The sunset, before the dark takes over...
About 2 hours into my tent/camping experience I remembered WHY I haven't been camping in ten years! Ten years is long enough to forget that tents are scary, Sasquatch IS real, cougars ARE real, no matter where you are in NV it is still a million degrees in July, being in the middle of nowhere is a good place to run into lawless individuals, and the ground is HARD! Also, I am irrational when sleep deprived. All I can say is I survived and I slept maybe two hours and the kids woke up at 3:30 in the morning with Elise screaming my tree-house (tent) is going to blow away. Personally I thought it would blow us away and catapult our entire family down the mountain ravine too. Thankfully Jed is patient/used to my crazy thoughts and was able to convince me that if I didn't stay in the tent then it might blow away and I could not steal the truck and find a hotel. By 5:30 am we had breakfast, and by 6:00 we got out of there, tires a smokin'. We all went home, ate, and slept for 6 hours! You know it's bad when the big kids will sleep that long during the day. The good thing is, the day went by really fast (fireworks are hard to wait for) and no one was cranky for the fireworks. Camping every year? no.
No comments:
Post a Comment