Elise Quotes/Doings
"Want to play ponies." A hundred million times every day. I need to hire a pony player. Jara plays ponies. Jed plays ponies. I play ponies. We all play ponies. I can only think up so many pony dialogues. The evil sorcerer is my favorite character by the way, especially when Elise uses her construction worker cackle to accompany his wrong-doings.
"I poo'ed!" Best words ever, especially because she is sitting on the toilet when she yells it. After changing diapers for almost eight straight years it's nice to be done. My happy dance was great! My exuberance may have frightened the children. I have never had such an easy go of it. During Spring Break I bought panties with hope in my mind but reality in my heart and she loved them, wore them and had accidents in them. I asked her if she wanted to put back on her diaper and she said yes, so we did. But the thought of panties has been lurking in her brain. The second week in June after a horrible day of changing 10 sick diapers and a rash, she brought me the panties and said no more diapers. We had a talk about panty wearing (and how licking the bottom of your shoe makes you sick) and the rest was history. She has been shopping, been to church, and been camping diaper free, accident free. At night I still have her wear a diaper, much to her disappointment, but seeing as how she is still trapped in a crib it's for her own good. My mom is pretty sure the treat incentive the first couple of weeks is what sealed the deal. Treats are strong motivation for Elise. I would have bought her a twenty pound jawbreaker to get to where we are at but thankfully a couple of chocolate chips did the job.
"Knock, Knock, Knocking on Heaven's door" One weekend on our way to the lake we were listening to the "road trippin'" channel on Pandora. Elise learned a little Guns N' Roses. She sings it to her ponies, that and "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam." Nice combination.
Jara asked her who her friends were. She responded "I not have friends!" Scowled, thought about it a minute, and then said "Rodney my friend!" Rodney hasn't messed with her ponies yet and they played a friendly game of catch in the pool one day that consisted mostly of Elise getting all of the balls. Rodney has three sisters, bless his heart.
"Let's get in my tree-house!" Elise deemed the tent a tree-house when we went camping. She was not happy when we took it down.
She is not a bit afraid of the water/swimming/skiing. She used the ski trainer last time we went to the lake. After watching Jara and Jack go, she wanted a turn. We let her, she did it perfectly, got back to the beach and promptly asked to go AGAIN! The second time she wouldn't let go of the rope when it was time to be done, fell down and then swore off skiing. I was kind-of relieved. It's a little disarming to see your two-year old being pulled behind a boat.
A little swimming/slide fun. She would go off and then keep her face down in the water for five or so more seconds just to prove how brave/tricky she was. My heart.
Elise with her notorious pony gang. The ponies have to get in the car to drive to pony lessons. When they get to pony lessons everyone has to line up for roll call and to get their hair brushed.
Big kids dress themselves. You want to wear two skirts? Are you sure? It's kind-a hot....
No comments:
Post a Comment