Monday, November 24, 2014

Eight is Great







Jara turned eight this year!  What an amazing milestone.  She did not take the decision lightly to be baptized.  There was serious pondering put into this choice. It was a wonderful day.  Extra special because she was able to be baptized on her actual birthday.  Afterwards we had dinner at the house and ice cream cake.  (It might have been frozen lasagna)  However, I did not want to feel stress or overwhelmed on this important day.  The one goal I hoped to achieve for Jara and Jed and I was to be able to feel the spirit and make it a day she would always remember.  (Elaborate parties don't do that for me.)  I felt peace that night as we went to bed.  Jara was baptized with two other kids from our ward.  I spoke on the Holy Ghost, pregnant ladies do tend to get a little emotional, all of the siblings of the kids being baptized sang and bishop gave his remarks.  Making your own covenants is important and great, watching your children is even better.

1 comment:

Kaye said...

She is so dang cute! I'm so glad she made such a wonderful decision to be baptized! Please give her a hug from great uncle Riley and great aunt Kaye. And congrats on #4 coming! That's awesome!! Love you all! Kaye