Like a warrior to battle Elise and I geared up for Winter-Musical-1st/2nd Grade-Want-To-Run-In-Front-of -the-Bus-Afterwards Spectacular. I am valid in my feelings, last year we went in with joy and glee to discover the program was 60 painful minutes with too many low-grade songs that contain strange lyrics that happen to rhyme with Santa. Everyone's in misery. BUT-this year was much, much better, Elise was behaved, the program was only 30 short minutes and Santa made an appearance half-way through the program (the result of Elise being so scared she submitted to sitting by me and fearfully behaving)
Jara and her classmates.
I love the little class she is a part of this year, they are wonderful children she gets to spend every day with. Although in the picture I think she is glaring someone down (just some boy) It's okay, I'm 100% positive my mom has a picture somewhere of me doing the same thing during a dance recital in 2nd grade.
Jara refusing to shake the fake Santa's hand. I think her exact words were "I know you're Mr. Jenkins!" growl, growl. Talk about suffering through music. If she weren't so well behaved I'm pretty sure she would have started a riot. Jara loves music and singing but not music CLASS and performing. It brings out an angry side to her. A side that would risk guttural growling at Santa!
Now on to Kindergarten...
Kindergarten is what set the expectations for Christmas programs so high. Jara's kinder program was adorable and led me to the false belief that all Christmas programs were wondrous. ALL KINDERGARTEN programs are wondrous, not all MUSIC PROGRAMS. Big difference.
Just wanted to put that down for the record.
The boys singing "Must Be Santa" with actions.
Kindergarten really is an overdose of cuteness. Every child taking a turn saying what Christmas means to them, which by-the-way, means a Nerf Air gun to somebody, (true meaning, shmeaning) they sing songs that everyone has heard of, and at one point they were holding halos over their heads, really you can't beat it. Christmas cheer-check!
A family affair.
No comments:
Post a Comment