Sunday, December 28, 2014

Traditions-Tree Hunting

After last year's success story we opted for another year of traversing to the mountains to pick/cut our own tree.  Now knowing what to expect I was prepared.  Full winter gear and change of clothes for everyone.  No more wet soggy pants for the two hour drive home.  He who is prepared need not fear.  I think the high was 65* and there was no snow.  Hallelujah.  Of course Jed seized this golden opportunity to hike us through the wilderness, forging our path to find the perfect specimen of spruce.  It paid off we did find a beautiful tree but Elise and I did some major grumbling.  
Elise "sawing" her baby tree.  

Jara and Jack actually harvested their own trees, with their own bare hands, errrr orange hand saw.  Thankfully no ER trips were involved and they can now add that to wilderness survival skills.

Lumber Jack

Jed hauling his tree with glee

Taking a little rest. Tree looked a little smaller in the forest.

No comments: