Renn
6lbs, 8oz
20.5"
He is so tiny.
I love this picture because you get an idea of his size in proportion to my hands.
Snarly baby faces are my favorite. He makes this face when he is in a piranha like feeding frenzy.
He loves his hands and clings to me like a little monkey. He won't allow for swaddling because he sleeps with his hands tucked up by his ears in peaceful contentment.
You are sleepy just looking at this. Aren't you?
The Name
Jed and I have problems picking a name. You think nine months of being pregnant would be ample time to figure this out. It's not. I feel like you have to see the baby to pick a name. Also, in the course of pregnancy I change my name partiality 100 hundred times. What sounds like a good idea on a Monday is a bad terrible curse by Tuesday. Every child we have had is not named until the twelfth hour. Social security/birth certificate officials breathing down our necks. The pressure. I also feel like a name has to have a reason. Not necessarily a meaning but a reason. Here is the reason for Renn's name. I'll start with his middle name. It is an initial that stands for Jed's middle name, both of Jed's grandfathers and my maternal grandfather. Renn will be representing all the clans. Now on to why we chose Renn. I never would have thought of this name on my own. Renn's birth story was a bit of a whirlwind and amongst the chaos I thought I heard one of the attendees in the OR addressed as Renn. It clicked, a light bulb went on. Later I asked who in the room had been named Renn. No one. I had mistaken the name with another close to it. The name had been revealed! This is why it takes me so long to make decisions. I wait for the bolt of lightning to strike. (Yes-shopping with me is a nightmare.) While in the hospital Jed and I talked about other names we were considering but this one just felt right. I think Jed is still holding out that I will cave and name him Eddie after all but no. Oh and Elise is none too happy that we were calling her baby "Lehi" by that other name. Her exact words went like this, "Why you call my baby Lehi, Renn!" A couple of months ago she named him Lehi and isn't letting it go easily. We also found that with a little combining and shortening, Renn could be a derivative of my maiden name and Jed's mother's maiden name. Even better.






2 comments:
He is sooo precious! Good job!
He is so adorable! We are so glad he's here and the name is darling!! Welcome little Renn!
Post a Comment