Saturday, January 16, 2016

December Traditions

This year we started a new tradition.  I bought a little kit of wooden ornaments that comes with a nightly thought and scripture, it is called the 25 days of Christ.  We painted/created the ornaments and then talked about them most nights. It was a very calming, special way to celebrate each day.

Here are the ornaments.  My good friend Mandi gifted me a tree to go along with them.  The kids helped paint them and I would say they did a pretty good job.  Jed manned the glue gun.  I only broke one ornament in the process.

A man tradition.  Jed and his buddies: Ty, Mike and Ty's bro, Trent,  out for a ride.  They still got it.  One of the young men Jed was formerly in charge of told me he won't ride with them because they are crazy and too fast. 


12 days of Christmas tradition, this year I got together with my young women group of 14/15-year-old's and this is what we came up with for "our widows."  I thought up 12 rhymes for Christmas time (example) for each tag.  By the end of the day I sounded like a cracked Dr. Suess book.  

Reading letters from Santa.  Our cursed elf Bongo is good at letter duty.

And so are these little elves, I make them lick and seal the annual Christmas card.  Not a job I'm too sad to relinquish.

And here are just one of the many treats that were made/consumed that resulted in me using an entire four pack box of butter, that's right 16 sticks of glory, from Costco. 
 I'm repenting now.  
I shouldn't have put almond flavoring in the frosting.  
Jara's class almost didn't have cupcakes for their party.  

No comments: