Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Updates

JACK



At 4 1/2 months is: (was)
16lbs. 15oz.
26 1/2 inches and...
HAPPY
Eating cereal
Discovering toys
Thrilled with his feet
Sleeps well
Wearing 6-9 month clothes

My favorite thing about this month was the simple joy of watching him discover more of the world around him. He is a very good listener. When someone is explaining something he intently listens. A friend of mine was explaining a recipe and he was probably absorbing the instructions better than I was. He also thoroughly investigates his toys, he will lay on the play mat for a good 30-45 minutes just looking at each toy individually turning it over and examining it from all angles. He will occasionally throw a good tantrum, which we have coined the "jack-jack attack." If you've seen the Incredible's you know what I mean. He starts to shake and growl and then comes the AAAAAAA!!!! The fact that he even has the name makes it especially fitting.

JARA


Charles Dickens said it best when he penned, "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times." It must be terrible being two. (terrible as in great, and terrible as in beastly.) I think she really will have a chance at ruling the world because she does not take "no" for an answer! Now for her famous quotes...
"Mommy-big girl panties" The result of seeing me in my swimming suit.
"Jacky what's wrong?" She's very soothing to her brother and still very loving and she likes calling him Jacky.

"Cage mom, cage" Her special name for road construction along I-15 in Vegas.

"No, yes" I still haven't figured this out.

Her latest accomplishments...

Spelling her name...J-A-R-p-s-t-u (it's in rare Jara"nese" form.)

Organizing my canned food, she knows I need help. (hence the above pic)

Potty training her baby (the Eeyore that you see in every picture)

I would be bored without her!


3 comments:

Annie Leavitt said...

great pictures joshlyn. it's crazy to see how big the kiddos are getting. i am so jealous you have a reason to put on a swimsuit, it snowed all day to day. oh well. miss you guys.

Lisa said...

so cute! i haven't seen jack in so long. he is adorable and getting so big! jara reminds me of megan...the strong spirits must have been saved for these days. her new saying is "NEVER, NEVER, NEVER!" uhgg...she makes me tired. let's get together at the park soon. i will call you.

T Rex Mom said...

Great photos. Thanks for the updates. The kids seem so charming. I love the photo of Jara and her Eeyore on the potty. We're doing PT (potty training) right now and Thomas totally gets a kick out of putting Tigger on the potty. They must be related.

I sent a card off today but please wish your dad a happy birthday for me.