Friday, January 27, 2012


First day 12/13/11
Jack started preschool in December, he was a session or two behind we had to wait until he was three and then we had to wait until I was convinced that for the sake of all of our sanity Jack should have an outlet. I couldn't justify the cost, the hassle, the fact that if I started him this year he will have attended 3 years of preschool but the millionth time I called Jed lamenting his son's latest exploit we deemed preschool necessary. Jack couldn't be happier! He loves, loves, loves preschool. I had to prep him beforehand with the three rules of school 1)Pee in the toilet (not the playground) 2)Listen to your teacher and 3)Only hug mommy. He is a random hugger and will lovingly choke-hold hug just about anyone. I didn't want any angry mother's of daughter's already calling me. Every day he comes home and sings me the letter song of the week and tells me about his "park" school. (He calls it the park school because it has a playground in front of it.)


Second day of School (the first day I was in the hospital having had a baby) 9/1/11
Jara started Joy-School this year. She has a fun, all-girl, group. They are the Mount Holyoke of Joy School. The funny part is 3 out of the original 5 in the group are second generation joy school kids. I went to joy school with Brianna's mom, and Abby's dad. Small world, small valley. Who ever would have thought when we were sitting around eating our graham crackers one day our children would be doing the same thing together. Anyway-

Jara has enjoyed being a part of the group. She comes home singing little ditty's that get stuck in both of our head's for days. "We never hit or kick or push." Jara takes to heart each lesson and has been more vigilant about cleaning her room and "keeping it in order," reminding Jack to follow the golden rule, and cleaning up trash outside to keep our world beautiful.

Yay for school!

1 comment:

ShEiLa said...

reading others blogs about their children... takes me back... oh how I miss mine. Enjoy yours!

ToOdLeS.