We played in beautiful meadows
We bossed around our cousins, they are the nicest boys, they will make great husbands.
Aren't these little Wheeler twins adorable? I had to include a shot of them, even if they don't belong to me. They are a year younger than Jack and I smell trouble when they all go to high school.
We had Uncle Jesse time. My kids love Jesse. Jack also enjoyed wearing this helmet all over the place. It goes good with the flip-flops, no?
We stayed in a luxurious Jail cell. Our cabin was the jail-complete with bars on the mirror for a headboard. I believe Billy the Kid slept here.
Our family riding picture. Why was I holding Jack and 8 months pregnant? Hmm Anyway-look at that sky.
And one of Jed and I. Scruffy mountain man Jed and expanded Joshlyn. Couple shots are so rare now-a-days. I love my pet.
Jara in the daisy's
My boys
We 4-wheeled. Of course, we are Wheeler's after all. Jara, her aunt and her cousin were in an accident this year. I feel very blessed that there were no life-threatening injuries sustained and many tender mercies were bestowed upon us while experiencing this incident. The little girls were fine, my girlie had a scratch under her eye we took her in to have "glued" together and my sister-in-law's injuries, while being much greater, have healed also. Although I would think after breaking your back (even if it is in "a good spot" to do it) you will feel that for many rainstorms to come. No one saw the accident happen and Lisa doesn't remember what happened but I know she, with motherly instincts, saved my girl from danger at the expense of herself, which is probably why her injuries were greater. I am glad, beyond words they are all okay. Even writing it six months later I feel choked up at the thought of when Jed rode up on his 4-wheeler, without his shirt which he used to stop Lisa's bleeding and a SUV of strangers brought me my girl wearing a man's sweater they had given her and blood running down her cheek. She was shaking from fear and the cold of the water they fell into.
So-now on to my moral of the story: Wear a helmet! Jara and her cousin had helmets and I truly believe they were saved from greater injury thanks to their helmets. AND say a family prayer before activities, it's a guarantee for protection, even if your husband is wearing a "protect your nuts" shirt in front of his uncle the general authority. bless his mother's heart.
2 comments:
Wow, it makes me cry all over again to read that! Lisa gave us the details at the reunion last summer and we all hugged and cried. So glad for prayers and blessings. Thanks for the cute pics. And you look darling at 8 months pregnant!
Blessed are helmets. Blessed is Lisa's natural instincts!! Blessed be the angels that protected them!!
Post a Comment