Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Funny Farm

Day 500 million of Jed being gone this month.  At this point I've clearly lost my mind.  

Field trip to good ol' Staheli farm
Complete with... 

 
A pirate ship with a rope swing.  My little buccaneer.

The cow train.  Jack in the back.

Elise not sure how she feels about being pulled in a barrel on wheels by a careening tractor.  It is my favorite part.  Good thing I have kids otherwise that might just be creepy, a thirty-something old lady riding solo in a barrel, gleefully cackling.  

Hands-down Elise's MVP attraction.  I think she needs one for Christmas.  
If only they didn't cost as much as my first car!

Observing the native species.

Green acres is the place to be...


When Jed is gone some days are grueling but the kids and I are falling into a groove.  We had a busy, fun four-day weekend together and even survived Costco and Valley of Fire, not on the same day, however.  Don't get me wrong, it is always better when we can all be together but I have been trying to have a better attitude about our (me and the ninos) time and learning to appreciate it a little more, because in a few more years I don't think they are going to be entertained my stinky old cows in a manure pile.  However, I will make them ride that cow train until their legs won't fit!  

Oh and I hope you know the "good mom bit" (next post) is sarcasm at work because you all know that it's just pure stir-crazy insanity that leads to this sort of behavior.  

No comments: