Sunday, December 8, 2013

Takin' a Hike

Well it's no mystery that Jed is a busy guy and I am cagey and can only stay in the house for so long, which yes, has led to a few unwise choices, (i.e. three kids in Old Navy) but this specific Saturday I packed up the kids, Ashley and her girls AND my mom to head into the wild "red" yonder.  Specifically Red Rock.  I love to turn the children loose in the sand.  Many hours of entertainment are to be had.  Elise was obsessed with all of the holy rocks and wanted to sit in the big "ho's" and the older kids thought they were mountain goats.  They are definitely not afraid of heights.  I may have passed on my fear of flying creatures to them but they also inherited my lack of "fear of heights" gene.  
All the happy little hikers.   
See...money cannot buy such happiness as dirt and rocks can provide. 


Drawing pictures in the sand.  Jack spelled "MOM" ahhh
and

Jara made a kitty cat.  I love her kitties, big ears and long tails, that's how we like em.

Me and my sister, who I coerced into making this trip and past trips as well.  She is kind to go along with my madness.  I enjoy her presence.  It's always more fun (not to be confused with funner Ashley) when she comes too!  I wish I had a picture of us with my mom too, however, she is elusive and hides well from the camera.

We had lunch, hiked, rolled in the sand and then went home and cleaned red sand out of cracks and the bathtub for a week.  Happy trails!


No comments: