Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Traditions-Winter programs

Now that we have a school age child we are involved in winter recital/programs.  I love it.  I love seeing the happiness of children when they sing or perform.  I know how much work goes into programs from my former teacher days and I admire teachers  and students who take the time and work to put together a recital.  It's no small task to memorize ten songs, the moves and put together a back drop.  I am fortunate to be a part of a community that values CRAZY. 
Jara performing a little part in the scarf song dance.  Does anyone else cry every time they watch their child perform?  I'm not even sure why I cry?  I do over everything.  I think even if it were a science demonstration I would be crying.  

Jara loves ballet.  She began classes this year and it has really resonated with her.  After her first lesson she came home and I asked her how was it and she told me, "it's very calming mom."  hmm Maybe I should take lessons too.  She is very serious about it but enjoys it.  I am happy that we found something she clicks with. 



No comments: