Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Traditions-The Tree

Jed thought it would be a good idea to start a new family tradition this year.  The hunt for the perfect tree.  I think he really just wanted an excuse to use the reciprocating saw but I went along with it because I really do love the smell of fresh pine all Christmas season.  At one point Jack did tell us "I can't feel my toes they are frozen!" and I did demand an immediate exit from the truck with my children due to safety concerns but all ended well.  

Elise and I trekking.  Elise liked the snow and kept trying to eat it.  It was very soft and powdery.

Such a sweet little "cupcake"

Posing by the nice icy river.  Jack could still feel his feet, hence the smile.

Holding the tree they picked out for their room.

Dragging her own "baby tree" 

Jed and his saw, I mean tree, the perfect tree, the tree we hiked through snow and slid on ice in the truck for.  Well worth it.

The success factor outweighed the negative so I think this will be the first of many happy tree cutting for years to come.  

No comments: