Jara planned and executed FHE the beginning of November. I told her I wanted to talk about being grateful and she came up with the idea of hand turkeys and gathered her supplies.
Here is what made the feathers...
Elise: Jack, Jara, Daddy, turkey (I can't compete with "turkey vultures")
Jack: Love, Santa, family, Ruby (Ruby-the dog!?)
Jara: Family, Santa, home, Jesus, ME
It surprised me that they were already thinking of Santa/Christmas and I love that they all prioritized family. They are grateful little turkeys!
In Sunday School a few weeks past we were speaking of gratitude and I remember the teacher saying something to the effect that gratitude was the base/noblest of all virtues. There are many virtues and I'm sure the noblest is a debatable concept, but I believe in the results of being truly grateful. It is not always easy to find gratitude in our daily dealings or in trials but I believe we are blessed, happier and enriched when we do. I don't mean we should be unrealistic, "wow, I'm so glad I have this miserable cold" but thankful everyday what we are inherently privilege to: life, the atonement of Jesus Christ, the beauty of nature and the ability to feel joy. I am grateful for these things and so many more. I have a family that loves me, my husband has a job, we have a home that has electricity and running, hot water, we have safety and our kids are easily entertained!
What more in life can one ask for?
(I really don't need another pair of pretty boots.)
1 comment:
Your posts are so fun to read! You have such a darling family - thanks for sharing! Love you all!
Post a Comment