Thursday, September 15, 2016

Renn 18 Months








It's been a year and a half.  Depending on the moment it feels like yesterday or five million years ago.  I love this little rascal.  He has his own strengths, tricks and crazy just like the rest of them.  You think coming from the same two people our children would be alike in many ways but they are not.  Having multiple children really confirms the idea of individuality.  

Renn's many tricks over the last six months or so include (but are not limited to):
-Monkey climbing.  Bunk beds, windows blinds, dressers, anything with a foothold.
-Walking, (15 months, second earliest) which progressed to running, which progressed to zooming on his wheely bug throughout the house, which progressed to...nudity!?  Not sure of the connection but he can strip and run in seconds if left in nothing but a diaper.  
-Pointing.  It's amazing the power he can wield with one finger.  
-Along those lines he can also tell you how old he is.
-Making noises of the lion, fish, puppy, and his best one...monster.
-Teeth, lots of angry molars.  And drool.  Lots of drool.
-Ya!!! and un uuhh combined with vicious head shaking for no and the symbolic/confused shaking of the head, hands to the side for "I don't know."
-Minimal speaking,  Mama.  Dada.  That's it.  He understands everything.  EVERYTHING.  However, he will not talk.  I wanted to go for a walk one morning (which he loves doing) so I told him, "go get my shoes."  He promptly went into the laundry room and brought me my tennis shoes.  Mind you I have about ten pairs of shoes in there but he knew to bring my tennis shoes because I told him, "let's go for a walk."  
-Jumping off the boat into Jed's arms.  
-Most recently, liking the bike trailer and going with me for rides. 
-Playing with trucks
-Reading books especially books with trucks and real-life photographs.  
-An interest in TV.  Every day about 11, when he's starting to wind down, he climbs up on the couch, spreads a blanket over his lap, fetches the remote and points it at the TV.  We watch us a little Baby Einstein and he is happy as a clam.
-Nursery.  He's doing pretty good.  Tolerating other people for goldfish and a chance to play with new cars.  Jed thinks he may get kicked out for chucking toys.  I didn't believe it until I  took a "finn mcmissile"  metal car to the eyebrow one day and had a whole new respect for his throwing arm. 
-Sliding
-Destruction.  In the 10 minutes it takes me to make lunches in the morning he has his fun.  Marker to the floor and wall, water dumped on the table, newspaper torn to shreds, cat smashed.  He's a good multi-tasker.  I've started leaving the door into the garage open because he can have all the happy destruction he wants in there.
-Loves. He is my little pet and when he begs to be picked up and then wraps his little paws around me and pats my back with his nose snuggled into my shoulder I forget my worries and his tornado skills.  He can melt me.  Jed calls it manipulation.  If it is, I don't care.   I love my little puppy.

No comments: